Friday, April 19, 2013

Joy: Mid century high backed chair


Hi guys! I'm so glad to see you! My name's Joy. I 'm a cute little black chair! My cushion has a bird on it. Isn't that delightful? I love birds. Birds are so wild and free and happy! Just like me!


Once, somebody told me that birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs. That's a pretty neat fact. Birds also have hollow bones. Not me! I am solid wood. I don't think I could fly very far. If I had wings, that is.


Did you guys see how nice and tall my back is? I've been told I have "nice lines" but I told those guys to save THEIR lines for someone else. Ha! As if... Anyway, I like my shape, I think it's pretty cool.


I was built 50 years ago. Can you believe it? I don't feel a day past 40. When I was built, designers were totally into clean simplicity. I think they nailed it, so to speak, when they made me!

I know you'll agree that I'm a very special chair. How could you be unhappy with me in your house?

-solid fruitwood mid century chair
-newly painted and reupholstered
-nice midcentury design, very popular and for good reason!
-perfect as an occasional chair, a hallway chair, or in a bedroom or living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment